Wednesday, June 19, 2013

#8: The Foils

Still counting down the top ten blogs of all time...and at number 8, we have a tie between my two favorite foils.

First: Mark S. Manasse.

If you are new to this blog, you might not know about/understand the references to Mark S. Manasse, who became the butt of a long-running joke on my blog years ago.

Either a very, very good sport or way too important to acknowledge my online-pseudo-antagonising-BS, Mark S. Manasse hasn't contacted much over the years.  In fact, we have only ever had one direct correspondence.  A little known fact is that I indeed did directly email Mark S. one time many, many years ago (late 90s, I believe) to let him know we had similar names (I'm not a stalker at all)...and he politely emailed me back...basically saying "that's cool, creeper." Ha!

Mark S. is famous for a number of reasons, by the way.  He was a part of a band that was the first to broadcast live on the internet, he is a Microsoft bigwig, and he happens to be very similarly-named and similarly-looking to me! 

In 2009, I pretended to challenge him to a duel over Google search-term-dominance...luckily, he ignored my dumbass-antics.  Like I said...he's smart.  Smarter than I am, that's for sure.  

My other infamous foil is, of course, the one, the only, Eva Longoria.

Before Liam Neeson.  Before Miley Cyrus.  Eva Longoria was the original target of my fake-online war.

In this blog from 2008, I tried to explain why I pretended to feel the way I was pretending to feel.  Little did I know I was not alone!  I got message after message after message from people from around the world who felt the same way I was pretending to feel...except it seemed like they meant it!  Ha!  

So, coming in at a tie for number 8, my favorite blogs about Mark S. Manasse and Eva Longoria.  


No comments: