Friday, June 14, 2013

#10: That Time I Almost Died Before My First Marathon

If you can believe it, I have been blogging since 2005.  Eight years.  Eight, long, arduous years.  Also, according to Blogger, this is my 354th blog.  I'm not sure I believe Blogger, though...because of that whole PRISM thing...but...I don't need to get into that right now.

Over the course of the next few weeks, or months (however long it takes me...STOP PRESSURING ME!), I am going to post my top ten favorite blogs.

So...here is number 10.  Back on June 14th, 2006, I wrote about my first endurance race (marathon)...and how I literally almost died from a peanut allergy on race day.

This blog got a lot of attention, mostly because when people Googled expired Benadryl, my blog came up as one of the top hits for awhile. I don't think it does anymore.  This led to one of two reactions from some people who found it (and I'm not joking):

(1) "I was searching for expired Benadryl and I found your blog.  Hilarious!"

or

(2)  "I was searching for expired Benadryl and I found your blog.  You're such an asshole for posting this when it has nothing to do with what I need to know!"

Anyway, I have come a long way (pun intended) with endurance sports...so it is also funny to read about what I thought about before/during/after my first race.

Enjoy!

Click here --> That Time I Almost Died Before My First Marathon

2 comments:

prez said...

Ha -- my comment on that blog at the time: "I feel like I've just run a marathon after reading all that." This, apparently, was written back when I used to comment on your blogs! Ah, the memories...

prez said...

Ha -- the comment I left on that blog at the time: "I feel like I've just run a marathon after reading all that." I was thinking the same thing 7 years later!