Monday, May 11, 2009

The Great Debate

I'm growing a beard right now in protest of my broken shoulder. What am I protesting? Not important...but it is going well.

Unfortunately, this stupid beard of mine has A LOT of gray hairs in it. Which led me to have the following debate in my shower earlier today:

Self: Wow...I really have a lot of gray hair for being 34.

Other Self: 34? Are we 34?

Self: Shoot. I think so. When was I born?

Other Self: 1975...so quick math...

Self: Yup...2009, that is 34 years...

Other Self: But we haven't had a birthday yet!

Self: I am definitely 33.

Other Self: Shit...We REALLY have a lot of gray hair in our beard for being 33.


Observations:

You know you're old when you don't know how old you are.

I really need to stop with the "we" voice in my head. That Smeagol shit really freaks me out.

No gray pubes yet. So I got that going for me.

6 comments:

Shasta said...

Geezer.

katie b said...

i have that exact conversation with myself every so often...not about gray being in my beard but how old i really am. i lied to some door guy on BG's bday and didnt even know it until he called me out when he actually looked at my ID. ummm...ggrrrreat.

ann marie said...

don't worry. . . you may look like you're 45, but you still act like you're 12

Manasse said...

More importantly, how do my pubes act?

Maccerz said...

I just went through a "Grow out beard" stage. Turns out beards are icky and stinky. Icky kept on trying to kill stinky but stinky would eventually win the battle. I just don't need that level of conflict on my chin right now.

Lali said...

You can use Tauni's mascara as a quick cover-up for that...