Saturday, April 04, 2009

Spring Break

So my doctor said that excessively exercising LOWERS your immune system; it does not increase it. I actually did not know that. Maybe I'm the idiot, but I thought being healthy meant LESS of a chance of getting sick, not more.

I, for the first time ever, was wrong.

She went on to say that exercising, moderately, for thirty minutes a day is enough to be considered "healthy."

When I asked her if exercising two to four hours a day could be one of the reasons I got sick again, she chuckled...until she saw that I was serious. Then, she simply said, "that could definitely have something to do with it."

I finally asked her if I was correct in thinking that once you get sick, your immune system increases so it is very hard to get sick again. She said that is true, but if I didn't fully recover, and I was weakening my immune system by working out a lot, I was actually more likely to get sick again.

That would have been great information to have YESTERDAY....As soon as I started feeling sick again (last Saturday night), I completely took a break so I could get better. Well, after my eight-mile run and cove swim on Sunday, and Torrey Pines hill repeaters and yoga on Monday. BUT...I haven't done anything since then, so I don't know why I have been coughing and wheezing for five days now.

She also mentioned that swimming in "cold" and "bacteria-filled" water can be "bad," and have "negative consequences."

Cove swimming isn't all fun? Who knew? Sharks? 56 degree water? Sewage? Icky seaweed? FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN!

In the end, she checked to see if I had fricken pneumonia. PNEUMONIA....because "something wasn't sounding right in my lungs." I have had pneumonia once before...and it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

I don't have it now....but I still feel like crap.

Point being, it's Saturday morning. I am supposed to be doing a sixty-mile ride, four-mile run, and 1/2 mile cove swim today. Instead, I am wheezing on my couch with a concoction of vitamins sitting in front of me.

THIS is the start of my spring break.

...and all I can do is focus all my anger...ALL of it...on Mylie Cyrus.

I really think I hate her. HATE. Seriously...can someone just punch her already. I dare to find one person over 21 that doesn't find her annoying.

9 comments:

shasta71 said...

This is a terrible thing to say about a teenager girl, but man that chick should be called Homely Cyrus. She looks like the bottom of a shoe! Sorry to hear about the sick.

Manasse said...

At least the bottom of shoes are useful.

ann marie said...

Your doctor sounds lame. Why don't you direct all of your anger at Eva Longoria . . . or Brian Gunn. At least they're adults.

Manasse said...

So I have to pretend I don't find her horribly irritating for three more years?

Not possible when she supposedly does stuff like this:

Spoiled Much?

prez said...

Two blogs in a row that mention punching. I stand by my analysis.

Manasse said...

Ann Marie:

I actually did some background checking on my doctor. It appears she is Doogie Howser-esque...and actually only 17 years old.

Do you think you can apologize for calling her lame? She isn't an adult yet.

ann marie said...

Mark:

You are one of the great mysteries of the universe. How is one person full of so much bullshit?

gunnbr said...

Mark's blog fell down my RSS list, so I didn't see any updates for a couple of weeks. Now that I'm back, I see I need to move his back up so I can defend myself on here.

ANN: :P

Betsy R said...

OMG! It's MILEY Cyrus! Not MYLIE!!! I H8 U 4ever! AYSOS?

Though IMHO, she's a SNERT.


(Go ahead & google them...while I go vomit)