Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break Part II

So last Saturday, I wrote about how my doctor said I didn't have pneumonia.

I welcome you to my voicemails that I was greeted by Thursday as I returned from my cruise:

Monday: Hi, Mark. This is Bob from Doctor Marlowe's office. Can you give us a call, please. Thank you.

Tuesday: Hi, Mark. Bob from Doctor Marlowe's office again. You really need to give me a call. I tried you yesterday....so give me a call today. It is very important.

Wednesday: Mark. Bob. YOU MUST RETURN MY CALL. I need to talk to you about your chest x-rays IMMEDIATELY. Call me as soon as you get this.

Thursday Morning: Mark, this is Angela from Doctor Marlowe's office. My associate has been trying to contact you. I don't know why you won't call us back. You need to pick up a new prescription today...another doctor reviewed your x-rays and you have pneumonia. You need to start taking your antibiotics today.

Fun.

The best part is...the only reason they found out I actually do have pneumonia is because my doctor was on vacation on Monday and her replacement relooked at my x-rays.

I love my...I love my...I love my HMO.

Maybe I SHOULD move to Canada.

4 comments:

ann marie said...

I told you that your doctor sounded lame . . . Doogie Howser-esque or not.

Manasse said...

I would stick up for her if she were hot...

seeryanrun said...

Are you SURE swimming is a good idea?

Manasse said...

Oh, Ryan. Always trying to define stuff in terms of certainty.