Monday, December 08, 2008

It's Time to Make It Reality.

So I freaked out today as I hit "submit" for the second time in the past few weeks.

I have, for some reason, decided that the olympic-sized triathlons that I have done haven't been "long enough." So, I have done and gone did it....and officially signed up for two, half ironmans. What does that mean? Well...that means I will be swimming about 1.2 miles, then biking 56 miles, then running 13.1 miles..IN ONE DAY. I think I just peed a little bit into my pants.

Alas...that is not all I have committed to.

Committed is the perfect word...because I feel like that is what should happen to me for what I said I would do with these people. They look like sweet, innocent, kind folks, don't they?

But don't let them fool you. They are evil. Pure evil.

These two TRICKED me into agreeing to do an ironman with them in 2010, which means I will be swimming over 2 miles, riding 112 miles, then running a marathon...

It's still 2008, but the idea of doing this makes my stomach hurt like I have been kicked you know where. I still don't understand how an ironman is physically possible...

They also tricked me into agreeing to one other thing....and I will give the person who comes up the funniest guess at what it is $1.00....that's right...$1.00.

(You can only win once...but multiple comments are fine.)

13 comments:

seeryanrun said...

Dude, as I recall the 2010 IM was YOUR idea. But hey, it's okay, I'm still evil, and perfectly fine with it. MMMWAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

danban said...

that's RIGHT! the IM was YOUR idea and then ryan talked me into it so he IS evil!!

and NO ONE talked you into the other thing - you came up with the idea all on your own if it's the thing we agreed to at Naked ......

Michelle Panik said...

So, Mister Mark "No S" Manasse, which halves did you fork over your money to?

As for tricking you, did your friends try to tell you that it's important to "hydrate" on the swim? That's a newbie hazing thing; don't fall for it.

Manasse said...

Wow...you guys are GREAT at playing along...

Manasse said...

Michelle: All I know I learned from Ranting Ryan...and he said not to take in all my salt during the swim!

=)

Tauni said...

I think they tricked you into a naked tri http://www.queencitytiming.com/race_pages/bare_hare_sprint_tri.htm

Good luck!

prez said...

Your efforts to beat out Mark S. Manasse are paying off. Google doesn't get confused by Manasse World anymore.

Lisa Urone, on the other hand, still has some way to go. In querying Google, it retorted:

Did you mean: Lisa Urine?

All of which has little to do with this post, but whatevah.

prez said...

Funny... I thought you were used to "submitting."

prez said...

It's time to make a new blog.

Maccerz said...

Hmm... Well, one of the labels is "Chris is Totally going to Win", which really puts undue pressure for me to win. So... I'll have to saaaaay.... threesome?

Maccerz said...

Ohohoh wait, I totally misread the contest rules. I thought it was whoever would guess what they tricked you into doing and not the funniest guess. OK, let me try this again:

They tricked you into... sticking a Snicker bar up your ass and when your ass swelled up from the peanuts (not penis) you had to fart the Star Spangled Banner through your newly shrunken sphincter at such a high frequency that only dogs could hear.

Did I win? Cuz I really could use that buck.

Manasse said...

No, Chris. Sadly, you didn't win. In fact, we are all now more stupid for reading your entry.

Maccerz said...

I am so ashamed.