Friday, November 07, 2008

I am Once Again Underwhelmed by Sprint

One time, Darron sent me a transcript of a series of emails he had with a bookstore after I blogged about not being able to get a discount card.

Ultimately, after the customer service rep tried to end the conversation with "I hope I answered your questions." Darron replied with something to the effect of: "While you did answer a question, you didn't answer MY question."

That was running through my mind during this wonderful exchange with Kassandra from Sprint. It sounded like such a promising name, too: Kassandra. Sexy. Kinky. Kassandra.

Nope.

On the bright side...I didn't have to recreate this ridiculous conversation...technology has made it so I can literally just cut and paste idiocracy! Thanks, technolgy!

***

System Kassandra has joined this session!

System Connected with Kassandra

Kassandra: Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Kassandra. How may I assist you today?

Me: (yes...that's such a cool name. This should go well) Hey Kassandra, I have two questions

Kassandra: I'd be glad to assist you today. For account verification, may I please have the 6-10 digit pin number on the account or could you please answer your security question for me?

Me: (Yes, very well) Security question, please

I wait two minutes.

Me: (hmmm) What's the question?

I wait two more minutes. She asks me…and I immediately answer.

Kassandra: Thank you. Please give me a moment while I access your account.

I wait five minutes

Me: (very...well???) Still accessing?

Kassandra: You may go ahead with your question.

(So, in sum, ten minutes into the time saving "online chat" feature of Sprint.com, I get to ask my questions. This is not going as planned.)

***

Me: OK, I have two questions. (1) I am trying to activate a new phone I bought, and the codes I am entering on the website are not working...so I need help with that. (2) How do I make sure my contacts from my old phone make it onto my new phone...

Kassandra: Great. We can set you up on the wireless back up feature if you'd like. This is $2.00/month. It backs your contacts up onto a web site, because both of your phones are compatible with this service. If you are interested, that is. Allow me to send you the site.

Kassandra: Kassandra pushes page, http://www.sprint.com/wirelessbackup

Me: No thanks. (They are not going to get me with another charge!!!) How do I personally get the numbers from one phone to another??

Kassandra: Otherwise, you can enter them manually or the Sprint store can back up the contacts for you. This is also a good feature in case your phone is stolen or lost.

Me: Great...but how can I just transfer them from one phone to another by myself? This is my question.

Kassandra: If you use the wireless back up feature, you can.

Me: Can this be a one-time two dollar charge?

Kassandra: No, this is a monthly charge. The Wireless Back Up feature is the only way you can, yourself, get the contacts to the new phone. Or you can enter them manually, or the Sprint store can do this for you at no cost.

Me: So I have to go to a Sprint Store...I can't do this for myself for free unless I do it manually?

Kassandra: If you would like for them to transfer your contacts from the old phone to the new phone, yes. You would be required to have both phones.

Me: I see

Then I get this canned message:

Kassandra: It is my job to ensure that I have fully resolved the issues that prompted you to chat with me. Have I resolved that issue and do you have any additional questions or issues today?

Me: I am curious, why can the Sprint Store do it automatically for free but I need to do it manually or for $2.00/month

Kassandra: You pay a monthly fee because you have your contacts backed up in case your phone is lost or stolen.

Then I get the canned response again.

Kassandra: It is my job to ensure that I have fully resolved the issues that prompted you to chat with me. Have I resolved that issue and do you have any additional questions or issues today?

Me: You haven't really answered my question, to be honest with you, but that's fine. I appreciate your help anyway.

Kassandra: The Sprint store does not charge you because you are switching the contacts from one phone to another, just once. The wireless back up feature holds your contacts for you in case anything is to happen to your phone so you do not lose all of your contacts.

Me: I totally get that...I just don't see why I can't do it myself "just once" without having to go to the Sprint Store.

Kassandra: I apologize.

Me: Oh, no worries. It just seems like a waste of their time and my time. I know it has nothing to do with you. Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll just go to the store.

Kassandra: I understand. You're welcome.

And we part with another canned message:

Kassandra: Thank you for contacting Sprint. Our goal is to make your chat experience a great one. There will be a survey after this chat that you may fill out to advise us of how we are doing. Please disable all popup blockers before this chat session ends to ensure you are afforded the opportunity to participate. Should you have any additional feedback or comments you would like to provide regarding your chat or chat agent, please send us an email at:

So I once again learned that Sprint is just not logical. I want to NOT bother them and do something for myself....but I can't. My choices are (1) paying $2.00/month for something I need to have happen one time or (2) inputting all the phone numbers manually or (3) going to the Sprint Store so THEY can transfer the numbers...when that's all I want to do for myself.

3 comments:

Maccerz said...

Shoulda just asked me.

http://www.bitpim.org/

Thank you for contacting Maccerz. Our goal is to make your chat experience a great one. There will be a survey after this chat that you may fill out to advise us of how we are doing. Please disable all popup blockers before this chat session ends to ensure you are afforded the opportunity to participate. Should you have any additional feedback or comments you would like to provide regarding your chat or chat agent, please send us an email at:

fuckyou@survey.com

Thank you and have a nice day.

Manasse said...

I sent an email to fuckyou@survey.com, and I got this strange automated reponse:

"Maccerz likes six-inch cucumbers in all the wrong places."

Strange.

Lali said...

Is it just me, or did Kassandra completely ignore your first question...?