Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'll Answer You and Your Stupid Questions

I've been getting some queries (don't get excited, Darron...I wrote QUERIES) about why I have been writing so much more. You beg and you plead...but as soon as I do it, you question why. People are never happy, I tells ya.

The reason I have been writing more is because I have had to stop training/exercising for triathlons the past few weeks. I actually was supposed to compete in one this morning, but instead, slept in until 8 and then graded papers until about three minutes ago.

It appears I have "royally jacked up my back." That really is the clinical diagnosis, in case you were wondering. I've hurt my back many times before, but this one is different. It isn't a sharp, nasty pain...it is dull and lingering, with shots of intense pain if I try to do things like "stand up straight" or "do more than walk" or "swim." Unfortunately, these are essential components to most triathlons.

So, I am on the IR...going stir crazy...and I am full of so much excess energy, I needed something to do with it. Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those with bad backs, write.

So here we are. Face to face. A couple of silver spoons. I don't really know what that means, either.

I'm going to go stretch.

3 comments:

Tauni said...

I love the blogging, but hope you can work out again soon.

Lali said...

I think you should eat a bag of tater tots. Tater tots are your friend.

gunnbr said...

Dooh!! That sucks! Get well soon! Hurry back to training!