Saturday, April 19, 2008

Eva Longoria: She's NOT What's for Dinner

Yesterday was my first real jaunt back into training mode.


I woke up early-ish, and went for a nice 6 mile run before my friend came over to go on a bike ride. I finished the run in about 55 minutes, and was feeling pretty good.


The bike ride included two seriously climbs. One long and arduous (Torrey Pines)...and one just arduous (Clairemont). In sum, I only rode about 30 to 35 miles, from my door to Solana Beach and back.


Then, I got hungry.


After the actual triathlon a few weeks ago, they had a BBQ. I think I was the hungriest I had ever been in my life. At the BBQ, I ate two cheeseburgers, a turkey wrap, some chicken, and lots of sides. At that point, I was STILL hungry, but figured I should stop eating for moral reasons. And three cheeseburgers is just too much. A much too much.


Yesterday, after the ride with my friend, we went to lunch...and my hunger went away for some reason. I only ate a few bites of my enchiladas (not the whole enchilada).


After lunch, I ran home, got ready to tutor, tutored, then went to a movie. During the movie, that same sensation I had after the triathlon returned. I felt like I could eat an entire cow by myself (insert Mark mom joke here). I made it home around 7:30, and I had a incredibly huge craving for meat...maybe just protein...and the fun began.


At dinner, I had the four basic food groups:



(1) Cheese, and lots of it, in my chile relleno.











(2) Steak: Carne Asada style











(3) Chicken: From wings we (ok...I) had as an appetizer









(4) Pork: Tauni could not finish her carnitas. I was more than happy to oblige.





So yes...for dinner last night, I had: cheese, steak, chicken, AND pork. Sadly, I was STILL HUNGRY...but didn't eat anything else because in my head, I knew I shouldn't be. Honestly, it was a little scary...how could anyone be THAT hungry?


What the hell is going on here? Is this all happening because Eva Longoria is a bitch?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I snorted aloud when I read "but figured I should stop eating for moral reasons." (not a piggy snort, but a ha ha snort--even though you deserve a piggy snort.) Cute illustrations to accompany your dinner descriptions.