Friday, March 14, 2008

Triathlon Blog #5: In Brief

So I haven't blogged in awhile. 'Nuf said.

Some highlights of triathlon training since I last blogged:

I got over my cold and thoughts that I CAN'T do this anymore because of timing issues. Two or three weeks ago, I made a decision to get up at 5 AM every day so I could "find time" to train. It has worked...and I have time to train....just not to blog.

I ran a 10K (6.2 miles) last Saturday and hit my personal best time: 55 min (although I think they mistimed me and I was 54 something...but who's counting.)

After the race, I went biking with Darron. I took small pleasure in that fact he fell OFF his bike at one point and others laughed at him. I mostly pointed AND laughed.

About 6 months ago, I weighed about 240 lbs. Eek, indeed. By Decemeber, via dieting, I was down to about 220. As of today, via training, I am 208 lbs. I'm pretty stolked about that.

I successfully have swum in the ocean a few times now. My longest distance has been 1.5 miles. In a few weeks, I'll do two miles. The race distance is "only" a mile. I would say my ability to somewhat conquer my fear of cold water and swimming in the ocean has been my biggest accomplishment. During my first successful swim, dolphins swam around me and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKED me on. It was a sign. A sign that dolphins need to shut the hell up when I'm trying to swim...that shit was loud.

Just a few more weeks to go. I'm also just a few hundred dollars away from my minimum $1,900 fundraising...so any more donations would be splendid!

Just a few bucks to go

3 comments:

Lali said...

Very nice! Just under a 9 minute mile...

prez said...

Who the hell is Brian Ledwith?

McNastabator said...

My savior.