Saturday, February 09, 2008

Triathlon Blog #4: When Poo Attacks

I have had a terrible last two weeks trying to train. After probably reaching the pinnacle of my cardiovascular fitness since high school, something came a knockin'

DIARREHEA.

MMMMMMmmmmmmm.

Starting a few weeks ago, I felt kind of weak and out of it. I thought I might have been over training, so I took the week off.

Then, starting last Sunday, and every moment since then, my stomach has been in a constant state of churning. I haven't been sleeping because it keeps me awake...and I am consistently doing the poo-poo dance when I am in public to make sure nothing slides out.

Dark days, indeed.

So today, I tried to make a come back. I have only swum once in the past few weeks, ridden once, and running has just been out! Too much jostling.

Today was supposed to be a brick: twenty-five-mile bike followed by a four-mile run. I made it about five minutes on my bike before I was dry heaving. You would think all the things I was expelling from my body while on my bike would have made me propel myself faster...but no.

So, I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't exercise...all I can do is wait around for this to get over with, so I can try to recover my previous form.

5 comments:

prez said...

Been swimming in any lakes? Perhaps you've acquired some giardia or the like...

prez said...

Pam wants to know if it's been bloody at all. Also, if it's been particularly foul smelling (as in way more than usual). ALSO, did you actually vomit, or just dry heave?

McNastabator said...

Those questions seem way too personal to answer on a public blog.

What do you take me for?

Lali said...

"Swum" is such a weird word.

Chris said...

I think you passed the point of "too personal for this blog" the day you wrote your first entry. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but I know more about your bowel movements than any other person on the planet.