Monday, July 16, 2007

Sage Advice

I usually try not to "poke" fun at things some of my students write in their essays, but this is too good.

In response to the topic: Are manners declining in today's society?, a student wrote on the very first line of the paper:

When you go down on the street, don't be surprised if people don't say "sorry" when they bump into you.

I will definitely keep that in mind, as should all of you!

***

Tauni bought a new puppy this weekend. The owner, Sharon, offered up this little tidbit:

Don't baby your dogs. Treat them firmly. For example, we had this poodle, and man, she was too smart for her own good. We loved that dog so much. Didn't we, Earl?

Earl, looking slightly deranged, adds, Yup.

Anyway, that dog ended up getting in a lot of trouble. It would always sneak out, and she was actually kind of mean, but we loved her.

Earl adds, Yup.

It seems that Lady, that was her name, you see...well, it seems that Lady turned out to be a small animal killer.

Tauni and I in unison: What?

Yeah, she killed small animals like rats, mice, squirrels, cats, and other dogs. I guess that dog was kind of evil, actually.

Earl, of course added, Yup.

We really loved that dog, but we had to give her away after about six months because of all the other animals she killed. Anyway, as I was saying, don't baby your dogs.

I don't think I am going to baby anything ever again!

3 comments:

prez said...

Should've named her "Lady Killer."

Tauni said...

I second that - I am not babying anything!

Lali said...

But I AM a baby...