Saturday, June 09, 2007

...and they all lived happily ever after.

In my How to Teach Reading and Writing class the other night, is was final project time. The soon-to-be-teachers (or even current teachers) had to perform a fifteen minute snippet of a lesson plan they created.

One student did a lesson plan on fairy tales...and had small group discussion questions for the rest of us:

Do you like fairy tales? was one of the questions to be discussed.

I was in a group of three people, another male, a female, and THIS GUY. The other guy and I came to the conclusion that we don't like fairy tales.

After this group work, the soon-to-be teacher dutifully had us discuss the questions as a class. When it came to the Do you like fairy tales question, the novice teacher called on me.

Teacher in training: Mark, what do you think about number 4? Do you like fairy tales?

Me: No, I don't...it's always the same story with different characters.

Another student, a cute blonde, upon hearing this shocking revelation, innocently blurted out across the class:

What's the matter, Mark? Don't you like happy endings?

All I could do was put my head down, bite me lip, and pretend like I didn't hear her. Stupid teacher ethics.

3 comments:

Tauni said...

What is wrong with a happy ending? =)

prez said...

While Mark is away on vacation, why don't you try out a *real* blog...

http://www.prez2012.com/blog

McNastabator said...

Always on my coat tails...