Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Why Haven't I Blogged in Awhile

I have gone through a day in the life before...but today was especially long, so here we is. Also, I am WAY too tired to be funny.

5:15 Wake up. Debate life's meaning...and why God created a 5:15 AM.

5:45 At the gym. Do some light weights before my first ever "Spin" class.

6:00 to 7:00 AM Laugh my ass off at the spin instructor who ends every sentence with a "Whoo" a "Whoo Hoo" or, my personal favorite, "This is why we are here, WHOO"

7:30 to 7:45 "Prep" for work

8:00 to 8:45 Water weight training class. I am totally the alpha male....but mostly because the other class participants are women...60 year-old women. Well, one is 70, I think.

9:30 to 10:45 Teach the first day of an advanced grammar class at SDSU. Just give them a diagnostic, which is cool because I have time to grade the quizzes for my evening class.

11:00 to 1:00 Tutor

1:30 to 3:20 Teach first day of advanced speaking class. During a "get to know you" activity, one of my students creates the question: "Have you ever played wrestling with a member of the opposite sex." God, that cracked me up.

4:00 to 5:00 Manage CATESOL volunteer inquiries. Fun.

5:00 to 6:00 Prep for How to Teach Grammar class at UCSD. Finally finish grading.

6:30 to 9:30 Teach second to last class. During a variation of punctuation lesson planning and two truths and a lie, one student creates the sentence "One time I got really drunk, so I got lost in the forest." I felt a connection with this man.

10:00 to 11:00 Guilty pleasure time. I got to watch LOST.

11:00 to 11:15 Read Darron's blog. Wonder when/why his blog got so straight-laced (for shame).

11:30 to now Try to keep my eyes open while I write this boring-ass blog (which is better than a boring ass-blog).

GOOD NIGHT.

2 comments:

Tauni said...

This blog makes me joy-filled

jen said...

rather than spending 45 minutes getting your masculinity stroked by old ladies, you should blog for us. we miss your insightful, witty stories. :)