Saturday, July 01, 2006

Slip of the tongue or a HUGE sign?

In class the other night, I wrote a complex sentence on the board.

A complex sentence, in brief, is a sentence that has an independent and dependent clause. You can move the dependent clause from in front to the back of the independent clause.

A student asks me: "So, Professor Manasse. Can I move the front part of the sentence, to the back." Clarifying the point I had just made.

I respond: "Yes...as long as the sentence makes logical sex....errrrr....I mean sense."

Count to one

Count to two

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" the class is uproariously laughing at me.

"I think you need a girlfriend, Professor."

"Does that mean we have to use a condom when writing?"

On, and on, and on, and on.

I'm sure it means nothing. Yeah. I'm sure. I'm totally fine. Totally.

No comments: