Saturday, May 13, 2006

Well that sucked

Things were going along swimmingly until about the eighth mile...when my knee locked up. I have had zero knee problems during my training...and then BAM out of nowhere...my knee stopped working.

I am hoping it is just tired from over compensating for the shin splints in my right leg...but man, there is no way that I have trained for four months NOT to do the marathon now. If I have to fricken crawl, I am doing this thing...but from what I understand, I never really crawled when I was a baby. I guess I scooted.

Anyway, after "only" running eight miles...I went to the gym and got on an elliptical machine for two hours. Let me tell you how much fun that was. I did get to watch an awful lot of CNN while I was there. All I really want to know is, what the Hell is wrong with Nancy Grace? How did somebody that ugly and that scary get her own TV show? I swear it looks like that woman could breathe fire if she wanted to.

These are the things that go through one's mind while NOT running twenty miles and having to spend WAY to much time on a machine that just goes round and round. Round and round.

Anyone have an extra knee I can borrow for one weekend in early June?

1 comment:

prez said...

I say you should scoot your way through the marathon, regardless. That would be awesome.