Saturday, April 15, 2006

16 Long, Arduous Miles

In the past 7 days, I have run 38 miles. That is sickening and gross. 7 days. 38 miles. Unbelievable.

So today was the infamous Train Run for my marathon training. What is the train run? you may be asking. Did you dodge trains? others of you may be stupidly wondering.

Ha

No...we actually took a train from the Solano Beach Amtrak Station to Oceanside. Then ran back. Sounds fun, doesn't it? We took a train somewhere...AND RAN BACK. Hahahahahahahahahah INSANE.

I have to admit, today was probably my worst run during my months of training. Last Saturday I ran 14 miles in about 2 Hours and 20 Minutes. Today I ran 16 in about 3 Hours and 10 Minutes. I am so annoyed with myself right now. I am also annoyed with being annoyed with myself. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Anyway, it was cold and rainy today...and my group kept stopping. I felt like every time we stopped my body took longer and longer to warm back up...until eventually, at the 12.5 mile mark, it just never loosened back up! So, I got to spend the next 3.5 miles in excruciating pain as I tried to run. That really, really sucked.

But, as promised, I audio blogged during the run today. I can't say it is going to be entertaining, and in fact, I almost promise you it won't be. Although I didn't really know where we were at the time, in retrospect it seems like I was about at the 11th mile when I recorded it.

Enjoy!

this is an audio post - click to play

2 comments:

prez said...

Nice "I own you Darron" at the end. I'll give you my "pink slip," if you know what I mean.

Middento said...

That was HIGHLY amusing. Particularly the panting.

Speaking of which, it sounds like Britt Tan-Knee is a lot of fun. Have you invited her to the HOT TUB O' LUUUUV back at your place?