Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Married Life?

This is a true conversation I had today with a friend of mine. He is about 40 years old and has been married for some time. We'll Call him Darron to protect his true identity.

Mark: So, Darron, where do you want to go to lunch?

Darron: Oh I don't know.

M: How about Tio Leo's?

D: Sure. Where is that?

M: Over on Morena and Linda Vista.

D: Yeah. That's my wife's favorite restaurant.

M: Cool. Do you want to go there, then?

D: Do you know the exact address. I haven't been there in awhile.

M: *Chuckle* It's your wife's favorite restaurant, and you haven't been there in so long you don't remember where it is?

D: Honestly. I don't really care for that place.

M: Oh. Well did you want to go somewhere else?

D: Nah...we can go there.

M: Dude. If you don't like it...we dont have to go.

Anyway...so like five minutes later we settle on Applebees.

I have been thinking about this conversation ALL day. Anyone else find this humorous?

4 comments:

prez said...

Must you use my name in vain?

prez said...

More blogs. Must make more blogs!

prez said...

Wow - your blog got spammed. Down with Darrel Clinton!

Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a list mailing physician site/blog. It pretty much covers list mailing physician related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)